Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV = Food Fest 2011


I've had major anxiety about this day for about a week now. Is it because I so desperately want the Packers to win today? No. I'm a Saints fan so I'm not really into the Super Bowl this year. I did decide to pull for the Packers today though...no real reason behind it...just decided to pick a side. Besides, green is one of my best colors! Anyway, my anxiety about this game has been created by the food spread that is going to be at the party that I am going to. I don't know everything that will be there, but I do know that it will definitely include buffalo wings and cheese dip...some of my favorite foods on the planet.




I have gone back and forth on what to do about today. Do I go to the party and not eat anything...maybe if I don't taste any of it, it won't be as hard? Do I stay home and watch the game from the safety of my couch...while snacking on a bowl of 100 calorie popcorn? Do I say, "what the hell? It's only one day..." and totally go off my plan?

Ok, so none of those choices are going to work for me. First of all, I'm not going to go to a party and be the "diet girl" who won't eat anything. Second, I'm not going to hole up in my house to hide from anything that may tempt me. And last, I am DEFINITELY NOT going to throw in the towel today and stuff myself with whatever my heart  stomach desires.

So, here's my plan. I have already decided that eating one buffalo wing would be a mistake for me...I mean really, can anyone just eat one of those things? So, I talked to my friend who is having the party and she said if I bring a chicken breast over, she'll cook it for me...and I can dip it in the yummy wing sauce. Ok, so I can have my chicken and eat it too. :)  As for everything else at the party...let's just hope there is one hell of a vegetable tray!!! Seriously though, I'm just going to make the best choices possible and not over-do it. If I want a little cheese dip...then I'll have a little cheese dip. I am setting some rules for myself though:

1) One plate...that's all I get. No multiple trips to try a little of this and a little of that.

2) Hovering over the chip bowl is a bad idea...stay away from that area.

3) No alcohol today. I know it's the Super Bowl but I've got to save calories where I can. I'll stick to bottled water.

Ok, so that's it! Wish me luck and pray for a giant veggie platter!!!




Now, off to the gym!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a great plan! It will make it easier to stick to your guns! The chicken breast covered with wing sauce is a great compromise. It will still taste great, but it will be healthier than hot wings! I love to read your inspiring blogs, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete