Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Love / Hate Relationship with...

My Scale. Somedays it's my best friend...other days it's my worst enemy. This morning it was good to me...I lost another pound! -16 now...and 116 days left in my challenge! I know I've said in previous posts, that I would only weigh myself once a week. That's what "they" (whoever "they" are) say, right? Well, here's my argument against that, for me at least. I feel like how often you weigh yourself, is up to you. For me, I need to weigh myself everyday to keep my self accountable. If the scale shows that I've lost weight, then it motivates me to keep going -- if it shows that I gained weight or stayed the samed, then it's makes me feel like I need to work harder or just make sure that I stay on track. I know there will always be fluctuations, so I try not to stress about it too much if I see an increase in my number. Also, I know myself...and how my crazy mind works. I'm a procrastinator...a really, really, really bad procrastinator. So, lets say I decide that I'm going to weigh myself every Friday morning, and on Monday someone brings in a box of donuts to work...I know myself well enough to know how easy it would be to talk myself into eating one all because I won't have to get on the scale until Friday. I would feel like I could make up for the donut mishap throughout the rest of the week. If I do that enough times, I'll be wayyyy off track. Now, I know that there will be times along the way that I will slip up and eat something that is not on my plan, but if I can make it happen less, then I will. So, for now, I'm going to keep getting on that scale every morning just to see how I'm doing.




***Just a sidenote -- Do you burn more calories when you are cold...because it's FA-REEEE-ZING here today! Southeast Texas is not supposed to be this cold!!!

3 comments:

  1. I weigh myself every morning also for all the same reasons as you. It keeps me on track, definately!!! I say do whatever works for you no matter what others think!! You are the only one who know you best! Great Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog:) I'm a daily weigher. I've done it for so long I can't even remember when I started. I am getting better at not letting the number I see staring back at me each morning impact my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a daily weigher, and for the same reasons as you! One day we'll get to a point where we might not need to weigh EVERY day, but until then... who's it really hurting?

    ReplyDelete