Monday, February 21, 2011

Rough day...

Today was not easy...AT ALL. I tried sticking to smoothies and veggies, but I was soooo hungry. I did ok, but not as good as I wanted too. Tonight was the hardest part...I didn't eat anything bad, but I wanted to eat a lot less than I did today. I did stick to drinking a ton of water though...and I'm about to Zumba it up in my living room with my new Wii game! I've decided to just go back to my normal eating tomorrow and quit trying to "fix" the damage from the weekend with some crazy "diet"...those damn "diets" are what got me here in the first place.

Okay, so here's the plan:

1. Stick to my 1250 calorie limit or less

2. Go to spin & do a little extra cardio

3. Drink 100 ounces of water

4. DON'T STRESS ABOUT THE SCALE!



Here's what I had today...

Breakfast: Smoothie

Snack: Cucumbers and vinegar

Snack: Popchips

Lunch: Smoothie, cucumbers & vinegar

Snack: Popchips

Snack: Handful of Sugar Free Jordan Almonds & Yogart Parfait

Dinner:  Broccoli & Cauliflower w/ cheese sauce, Lean Cuisine Spring Rolls

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED:  1333

So, looking back at my food log, I snacked wayyyyy too much today....ughhh...

Tomorrow is a new day and it will be a better day!



UPDATE:

Okay, so I usually try to keep my posts very positive and try to continuously pump myself up...always cheering myself on..."go me!", "awesome workout", "I'm so excited..."  blah, blah, blah, etc....

Today was not a "pump myself up" kind of day....so I thought I would elaborate a little more on my earlier post.

I feel like I totally let myself down this weekend. I went out of town for a fun trip and did exactly what I told myself I WOULD NOT do. All day long I have felt guilty about what I ate over the weekend, and how I got NO exercise. I feel like I took a big step backwards in the progress that I have been making and it is soooooooooo FRUSTRATING!!!! I'm terrified that I will get discouraged...that I will repeat mistakes like I have done in the past....that I could easily go back to all of my old habits without even really realizing it...and bam! everything I've done would be undone, just like that. I felt horrible today...not just because of the guilt from the weekend, but I literally felt bad...sick, bloated, tired, sluggish...all of that - but, there is good news in all of this....

I KNOW WHY I FEEL THE WAY I DO TODAY.
I am recognizing the struggle that I will have to face time and time again...I am recognizing the way that food effects my body...I am recognizing that this journey will not always be easy...and I am recognizing that I have in NO WAY overcome my weakness to temptations. For the first time, I am acknowledging my mistakes and my struggles...analyzing why I slipped up...and making a plan to be more successful the next time that I am faced with a challenge.

This past weekend showed me that going back to my old lifestyle would not be difficult, but it also made me realize more than ever, why I do not want to go back. This crappy feeling I have today, has been constant for years...I am not going back to that! I may have taken a few steps backwards this weekend, but I am back today and marching straight down that road to my goal, full speed ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. Life happens and there will always be bumps in the road. Be proud of your accomplishments and be proud that you recognize your weaknesses! those are accomplishments in themselves..so bust it out this week in the gym and detox your body with good stuff....Keep losin it and in the words of Bob "Stand up and finish what you started!" You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Haley! Those times will be the most difficult; however, just remember how good you have felt lately. You'll be back on track - I know it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should add som protein to your meals and you won't snack as much???? But go easy on your self. You will get there one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete