Monday, February 28, 2011

Blog Neglect...

For the last two weeks I feel like I have kind of gotten off track. I've gone out of town for two weekends in a row, gotten off of my plan and neglected my blog...good news is, I am back on track today!

This past weekend, I went to New Orleans. I tried to be "good" and I actually did ok with NOT going overboard, food-wise. I ate foods that were not on my plan, but I tried to watch my portion sizes - I feel like I did a pretty good job with that. Although, I did okay with my eating, I really blew it with the drinks this weekend. I had way too many fruity, sugary mixed drinks & daiquiris. I planned to stick to wine or rum & diet coke, and not to over do it with either one....BUT I got into the Mardi Gras spirit a little too much and overindulged. :(  

Even though I "messed up" this weekend (and last), I am starting to learn how to avoid making the same mistakes twice. After the girls' weekend at the ranch, I decided I would not go out of town again and completely go off of my plan...no more mindless eating. I realized that it is ok to have a little treat here and there, but it is not ok to throw out everything that I know about healthy eating and go nuts with the cheese dip! I've also learned a valuable lesson this weekend -- being in New Orleans at Mardi Gras,  did not give me a free pass to "sample" every drink on Bourbon Street! I will be going again this weekend, but I will do things totally different. I will still make the healthiest choices possible when eating at a restaurant, and limit myself to 1 or 2 glasses of wine. The rest of the time, I will stick to drinking water. Also, I am going to make sure that I get some exercise in while I'm there.

I knew that I would face my biggest challenge by going out of town. It's much easier to stick with it when I am at home, doing my normal routine. I have to find a balance with staying on track and still being able to take a weekend trip or a vacation and enjoy myself. I enjoy traveling and I don't want to feel like I can never leave town, for the fear of "falling off the wagon" again. There is no reason why I can't go an do the fun things that I love to do, and still continue to lose weight. The reality is, to be successful, you have to find a way to live a normal, healthy lifestyle - no matter where you are. Calories still count when you leave your zip code. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment