Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grocery shopping is not as fun as it used to be...

Okay, so I've never really loved grocery shopping, but it was a lot more fun to go through the aisle and just put yummy stuff in my basket. Wondering around aimlessly -- while hungry, usually -- ahhh, those were the days. LOL. Not that what I bought tonight was not yummy, but y'all know what I'm talking about...the REAL yummy stuff...the stuff you look at and think, "Mmmmmmm...I think I'll get this gallon of chocolate ice cream and a bottle of magic shell...ohhh, and maybe crush up some chocolate cookies - you know, to add some texture...and maybe a can of redi-whip to top it off..." -- that kind of yummy stuff. Okay, enough of the fantasy...I filled my basket with healthy goodness instead. I bought this stuff that a friend of mine told me about. It's powdered peanut butter....PB2.


You mix this powdered stuff with some water and it taste just like peanut butter! I mean, it is peanut butter sort of. They take peanuts and somehow remove all the oil and fat so it leaves this powdery stuff. Then you just add a little H20, mix it up and spread it on whatever you want! It's soooo good! I put mine on some Wasa Crispbread slices and added a little sugar-free jelly. 

Now, I'm not going to lie and say these taste amazing, but they are only 30 calories a slice and they taste okay with stuff on them. They are kind of like a really bland cracker.


My eating today was not great. What I mean by that, is that I didn't eat enough. Right after work, I had lots of running around to do, so I really didn't have time to fix myself a good meal. 

Here's the rundown for today:

Breakfast:  Mixed Fruit  & Michaelina's Lean Gourmet Breakfast Muffin     230 cals

Snack:  Pretzels and Laughing Cow cheese wedge   196

Lunch:  Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing  235 cals

Snack: Popchips - Sea Salt & Vinegar  (1/2 Serving)    60 cals

   ***by the way, Popchips are awesome! 


Dinner:  2 slices Wasa Crispbreads with PB2 and Polaner's Blackberry Fruit Spread     145 cals


TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE:     866


I guess it could be worse...I could have eaten too much. Maybe I'll have a little more fruit before I go to bed tonight. 


Exercise:

 I am so sore today after my workout with Haley yesterday. Lunges killed my legs and my butt! When I woke up this morning, I wasn't really that sore, which was surprising, but I thought to myself, "Well, I have been working out a lot, maybe I'm just starting to get in better shape..."  Oh, how wrong I was!!! As the day progressed, so did the aches and pains all over my body! But, I kind of like being sore...it lets me know that what I am doing is working. I went to spin today...and it was tough, but I got through it. I'm planning on Zumba tomorrow...for the first time...since I never made it last week. Hopefully I'll be a little less sore tomorrow, but the second day is usually worse for me so I'm not getting my hopes up!  Sore or not, I'm dancin'! 




3 comments:

  1. Where did you get that PB2 stuff...I might have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it at Basic Foods...it's kinda like a mini-Whole Foods...just not as good...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat Wasa crackers, too. The light rye are the only edible kind, really. My doc said, "Oh, everybody loves them!" Who are these people? lol Maybe it's just because I ate it without anything on it. Oy. Definitely going to have to try the powdered PB, looks fun! :)

    ReplyDelete