I know I am at the beginning of this long journey to lose weight and get healthy, but there are some things that I have realized about myself that I think are key to being successful.
1) I have used food to comfort myself in the past.
2) Eating bad foods, temporarily make me feel better when I am stressed or upset (very temporarily).
3) In the past, I have not committed to making exercise and staying active, a part of my everyday life.
4) I have not put myself first.
5) I have lost focus on my health and my appearance.
6) I cannot lose weight and keep it off by going on a "diet"
7) Eating healthy is not something that only has to be done while losing weight.
8) Maintaining my weight loss will be more challenging than losing the weight itself.
9) I will NEVER be able to gorge on pizza, hamburgers, chocolate cake or candy, on a regular basis.
10) I will NEVER be happy being fat - no matter how happy I appear to be.
So these are just some things that are going through my mind today. From now on, I am not on a "diet"...I am changing my life and my relationship with food and exercise.