Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial / Birthday Weekend Recap!

Well, I kinda went M.I.A. on the blog this weekend...sorry about that. I'll back up to Friday and go from there.

FRIDAY:

It was a good day...I had my Medifast meals on schedule and drank plenty of water. Haley and I got in a good workout to end the week:

"You're in My World Now, Grandma"

Haley said this workout was "Birthday Appropriate"...I'm pretty sure she is just trying to say that I am an old lady now!



The workout was tough as usual (see: ABS OF DEATH), but it was a great end to a great week!

Friday night was my first real "test" since I started the Medifast program. I went out to eat....at a Mexican food restaurant...duh duh dummmmmm! I survived, easily....the hardest part was keeping my hands out of the chip basket. I ordered chicken fajitas with a plate of letttuce and made a salad. It was delicious and I left feeling satisfied - not deprived. :)

SATURDAY:

Saturday was also a good day. I woke up and went for a 4 mile walk. I did fine with my Medifast all day and even went out to eat AGAIN...and I survived...AGAIN! I split boiled crawfish with my dad and had a side salad instead of the corn and potatoes.


Yum!!! Yum!!!

SUNDAY:

Happy Birthday to Me!!! This was the hardest day so far! My family cooked burgers and made homemade ice cream....I had 2 turkey burger patties and a salad. A few hours later, I had a banana creme Medifast shake. I was satisfied, but at little envious of everyone's juicy burgers and ice cream. I didn't have a cake, per my request, so I didn't have to worry about that temptation. Also, I got some excerise on Sunday, on my new bike!


MONDAY:

Yesterday, was a super-busy day! I woke up feeling energized so I went for a walk...and I walked over 5 miles! Go me! After that, I spent the rest of my day refinishing a piece of furniture, so that kept me busy. I've found that I having been trying to keep myself busy lately...boredom usually leads to false hunger for me and I sure don't need that right now!



Ok, now back to the present. This new way of eating is getting a little easier everyday. Today was fine, didn't really think about food all that much...just ate when I was supposed and drank a lot of water. My Lean & Green meal was a grilled chicken salad with light balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I didn't get any exercise in today - I guess this will be my rest day -  but I'm getting up early in the morning to get a workout in!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like you had a fabulous week of dedication. I can also see how proud you are of yourself. :) Great job! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a beach cruiser bike so bad! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete