Monday, April 11, 2011

I just needed a little jump start...

Hello everyone! I know I have been M.I.A. a lot lately. I've posted several entries with empty promises of getting back on track, back on the wagon, blah, blah, blah. I'm not going to ramble on tonight about what I am going to do, or what kind of changes I am going to make...I'm going to talk about what I did tonight and the small success I've had over the past two weeks.

First off, without putting in much effort, I am happy to say that I have lost 2 more pounds...so that brings my total to 25 lbs! Woohoo! Now, I know, that had I been doing everything that I was supposed to be doing, that total would most likely be much bigger BUT I'm happy to have moved forward - not backwards.

Sooo, let's get to tonight. I tried something new tonight called Crossfit. If you haven't heard of it, check it out, http://www.crossfit.com/. Lately, I've been getting bored with my workouts which has lead to finding EVERY-EXCUSE-IN-THE-BOOK to not go or to go and half-a$$ it. Not good for reaching my goal - not.good.at.all. Anyway, I had heard a little about Crossfit before (via Facebook) and everything I heard sounded pretty scary...picture extremely sweaty people throwing up in the parking lot and going back for more...needless to say, it did not sound like a good time. So, last week I was getting my hair done and my hairdresser said that she had started going and absolutely loved it! I still wasn't sure about it, but I figured that I would give it a try. I am so glad that I did! The workout tonight was exactly what I needed to get myself going again. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it, but I surprised myself - I was actually able to do a lot more than I thought. My motivation is back and I'm ready to jump back into reaching my goal!

Ok, now for a brief explanation as to why I have been so off and on with my blog, my weight loss and healthy living. It always seems that when I get going on something good, life tries to butt in and screw everything up. When I first started this journey, I was so focused on getting Myself back and I was proud of that. I felt like this was going to be the time that I actually set a goal and met it - I wasn't going to give up. Let me rephrase that - I AM NOT going to give up. Did I lose focus for a bit? Yes. Without realizing it, I started to focus on other things going on in my life that seemed more important - but really, what is more important than yourself? How can you be any good to anyone if you don't take care of yourself first? The answer is simple....you can't. Putting all of my energy into trying to control things that are out of my control, will get me absolutely nowhere. Taking care of ME has to be my priority - everything else will work itself out as it should. Life's complications will always be around, I am just having to learn how to balance it all.

Thanks to all of you that have continued to follow me through out this journey and I apologize to those who have stopped because my recent lack of motivation and determination.


P.S. The soreness in my butt and legs just hours after my workout is insane...and I like it. Watching me hobble around the office tomorrow should be great entertainment for my co-workers. Thank you, Crossfit.

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you and you're right - you have to take care of yourself first. Everything else will work itself out! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherice, keep at it! You will be successful in anything you do! But as your Life Coach, I know what you really need and that is "tough love." So no more slacking on my end either. I see you everyday and will give you the motivation that "I" see fit even if that means telling you some things you may not want to hear like, "You are going to Crossfit whether you like it or not!" haha no.. but, I will help you when I can. You definitely need to take care of yourself and remove any and all things that could negatively affect your weight loss journey. You tend to get a little side tracked when life throws you a curve ball but you have to learn to recognize these things and stay your course. Rule your life choices with your mind instead of emotions..And you will see your world change right before your eyes!! Keep at it lady! You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete