Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm back!

Well, I have to admit...I been kind of slacking on my plan, my blog, and my exercise lately. My last few posts were about how I was "getting back on track" and getting "back to work." My intentions were good and sincere with every post, but I kept having to "re-start" every couple of days. My motivation didn't go away completely, but, let's just say, it took a mini-vacation. I was out of town every weekend for a month, and just couldn't seem to get completely refocused during the week. Finally, this weekend I was at home, and what did I decide to do on Friday night and Saturday????? I had a date...with my couch...all. day. long.
So sad. I was completely lazy. I stayed in my pajamas and watched movies all day. Every time I would start a new movie, I would tell myself, "after this one, I'm getting dressed and going to the gym..." Lies. All lies.

There is some good news in all of this:

1) After a girls weekend in Austin, two weekends of Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and a St. Patrick's day my weight stayed pretty much the same. I fluctuated a couple of pounds here and there, but for the most part, I stayed the same. Apparently, I'm making better choices and eating less without really realizing it.

2) I'm back on track today (for good this time).

3) In all of the weeks that I felt like I had gotten completely off track, I still made it to the gym at least 2 times...most of the time it was 3 or 4 times.

So, I feel like even though I got off track a little, I really didn't un-do any of my progress. I started with a clean slate today. I woke up this morning, put on the bodybugg, ate healthy and had a good workout at the gym. The only thing I didn't do today was record my food on the bodybugg website. I am going to make sure I get back in that habit tomorrow...when I don't record what I am eating, I've noticed that I am much more likely to cheat a little...like have a few m&m's from my co-worker's evil candy dispenser, or have a cookie that someone put in our break room...I didn't have any of this today - but last week was a different story.

1 comment:

  1. You got back up that is all that matters.... Keep a going... even after the rough spots. Good for you

    ReplyDelete